Great Maps: The World's Masterpieces Explored and Explained (Dk Smithsonian)
Great Maps: The World's Masterpieces Explored and Explained
The world's finest maps explored and explained. From Ptolemy's world map to the Hereford's Mappa Mundi, through Mercator's map of the world to the latest maps of the Moon and Google Earth, Great Maps provides a fascinating overview of cartography through the ages. Revealing the stories behind 55 historical maps by analyzing graphic close-ups, Great Maps also profiles key cartographers and explorers to look why each map was commissioned, who it was for and how they influenced navigation, propaganda, power, art, and politics.
- Brand: DK Publishing Dorling Kindersley
- ASIN: 1465424636
- UPC: 790778024635
The Travel Book: A Journey Through Every Country in the World (Lonely Planet)
The Travel Book: A Journey Through Every Country
Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher Take a journey through every country in the world. 850 images. 230 countries. One complete picture. With details of every United Nations-approved country in the world, and a few more principalities and dependencies besides, Lonely Planet's Travel Book is the ultimate introduction to a world of travel and the essential travel reference book for every household! Each country is profiled by Lonely Planet's expert authors and features details of when to visit, what to see and do, and how to learn more about the country's culture from its film, music, food and drink. Every entry has a map and statistics about the country. All brand new, incredible photography illustrates each country, depicting what life is like in each nation from photographic portraits of people, beautiful landscape photographs and vibrant street photography. This premium packaged 448-page book with beautiful rainbow foil on the cover will make an impressive gift. About Lonely Planet: Started in 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel guide publisher with guidebooks to every destination on the planet, gift and lifestyle books and stationery, as well as an award-winning website, magazines, a suite of mobile and digital travel products, and a ...
- Brand: Lonely Planet
- ASIN: 178657120X
Great City Maps: A Historical Journey Through Maps, Plans, and Paintings
Great City Maps: A Historical Journey Through Maps,
A beautifully illustrated history of the world's most celebrated historical city maps, from the hubs of ancient civilization to sprawling modern mega-cities, created in association with the Smithsonian Institution.Great City Maps explores and explains 30 of the world's greatest historical city maps, providing a captivating overview of cartography through the ages. The book's unrivaled reproduction of these fascinating and intricate documents provides graphic close-ups and reveals more than just pure geography—it offers insight into the cultures and beliefs of the great civilizations that gave rise to them. From classical cities like Rome and Jerusalem to modern hubs like New York and Tokyo, the stories behind each map are revealed: why it was created, who it was intended for, and how it was achieved. Profiles of key cartographers, planners, and artists give even further insight into the history of each urban masterpiece.With its genuinely unique and superbly illustrated approach to the most celebrated city maps in history and its lavish textured and foiled jacket, Great City Maps is a beautiful piece to add to any collection and a must-have for all history and geography enthusiasts.
- Brand: DK Publishing Dorling Kindersley
- ASIN: 146545358X
The Great New York Subway Map
The Great New York Subway
Nearly 6 million riders use the New York City subway every day. How do you make a map that helps all of them get to where they are going? The Great New York Subway Map, written and illustrated by Emiliano Ponzi and published by The Museum of Modern Art, in association with the New York Transit Museum, tells the fascinating story of the map’s creation in 1972 by the great Italian designer Massimo Vignelli and his team, and introduces young readers to the idea of graphic design as a way to solve problems and shape our world.
- ASIN: 1633450252
Great Smoky Mountains National Park (National Geographic Trails Illustrated Map)
Great Smoky Mountains National Park (National Geographic Trails
• Waterproof • Tear-Resistant • Topographic MapAmerica's most visited national park and a UNESCO World Heritage Site, Great Smoky Mountains National Park is both renowned for its diversity of plant and animal life and rich in remnants of Southern Appalachian mountain culture. National Geographic's Trails Illustrated map of the park combines unparalleled detail and valuable information for outdoor enthusiasts seeking to explore all the area has to offer with particular attention shown to backcountry campsites, shelters, and stream crossings. A detailed profile of the Appalachian National Scenic Trail, which snakes along the ridge of the Great Smoky Mountains, provides a handy tool for hikers. The map features many key points of interest as well, including Cades Cove, Fontana Lake, Maryville, and Gatlinburg. With over 800 miles of mapped trails, the Great Smoky Mountains National Park map can guide you off the beaten path and back again. The clearly marked trails include mileages between intersections. The map base includes contour lines and elevations for summits, passes and many lakes. Some of the many recreation features include: visitor centers, campgrounds, trail shelters, trailheads, boat ramps, scenic overlooks, interpretive trails and quiet walkways.Every Trails Illus...
- Color: TA
- Brand: National Geographic
- ASIN: 1566953014
- UPC: 749717012295
United Kingdom (National Geographic Adventure Map)
United Kingdom (National Geographic Adventure
• Waterproof • Tear-Resistant • Travel MapNational Geographic's United Kingdom Adventure Map is designed to meet the needs of adventure travelers with its detailed, accurate information and user-friendly design. Cities and towns are easy to find with the map's helpful index. Motorways, highways, and other roads are clearly designated and include distance in kilometers so travelers can easily plan their best route. With specialty content to include hundreds of diverse and unique recreational, ecological, cultural, and historical destinations, this map is a perfect companion to a guidebook.The south side of this map covers the southern portion of the UK, from the tip of France and across the Isle of Man to Northern Ireland. The north side shows Belfast, and across the Channel to Edinburgh, the Outer Hebrides, the Orkney Islands, and the Shetland Islands.The United Kingdom is comprised of the island of Great Britain which includes England, Wales, and Scotland; surrounding islands including the Outer Hebrides, Orkney Islands, and Shetland Islands; and Northern Ireland. No part of the UK is more than 75 miles from the sea, but the geography is diverse. England consists of mostly lowland terrain with mountainous regions found in the north and in Wales. Scotland is divided into tw...
- ASIN: 1566956447
- UPC: 749717033252
Great Maps of the Civil War: Pivotal Battles and Campaigns Featuring 32 Removable Maps (Museum in a Book, 2)
Great Maps of the Civil War: Pivotal Battles
When Union General George McClellan marched toward the Confederate capital of Richmond in 1862, he encountered the Warwick River "where it wasn't supposed to be," causing a delay in his strategy and criticism from Northern press. McClellan was following a map created by an esteemed and experienced topographer, but the map was wrong! The map McClellan was following, reproduced in Great Maps of the Civil War, shows lines in pencil along the true course of the Warwick, apparently drawn after it was too late. Most people interested in the Civil War are fascinated by maps - for what they tell about the battles, for what they tell about the terrain, and in some cases for their artistic beauty. But maps reproduced in books have limitations and there is not a good way of preserving a map collection - until now. Fifteen chapters in Great Maps of the Civil War each contain two or three maps that can be pulled out of a pocket. Ten of the maps are 18" x 24"; others are smaller. In addition to a discussion of the battles and the roles of the maps, the book tells about Civil War mapmakers and the methods they used.Stunningly designed, this unique full-color book will make a significant addition to the library of any Civil War enthusiast or those who are fascinated by maps and mapmakers.
- Brand: HarperCollins Christian Pub.
- ASIN: 1558539999
- UPC: 031869001433
Michelin Map Great Britain: Scotland 501 (Maps/Regional (Michelin))
Michelin Map Great Britain: Scotland 501 (Maps/Regional
Michelin regional maps each contain practical road and route information. Special Michelin reads-like-a-book format for easy use in folding and unfolding. Useful information for planning trips, including gas stations, 24-hour service stations, toll gates, rest areas and service plazas. Clear, precise cartography. Icons pinpoint important travel information.
- Brand: Brand: Michelin Maps and Guides (Firm)
- ASIN: 2067174991
Michelin Great Britain & Ireland Map 713 (Maps/Country (Michelin))
Michelin Great Britain & Ireland Map 713 (Maps/Country
Renowned for over 100 years for their clear, accurate and easy-to-read mapping, Michelin country maps give travelers an overall picture of their route, with practical road and travel information; and city maps containing extensive street indexes orient them quickly so they can find their way to their destination.
- ASIN: 2067170279
Lonely Planet Great Britain Planning Map
Lonely Planet Great Britain Planning
From Lonely Planet, the world's leading travel guide publisher Durable and waterproof, with a handy slipcase and an easy-fold format, Lonely Planet Great Britain Planning Map is your conveniently-sized passport to traveling with ease. Get more from your map and your trip with images and information about top country attractions, itinerary suggestions, a transport guide, planning information, themed lists and practical travel tips. With this easy-to-use, full colour navigation tool in your back pocket, you can truly get to the heart of Great Britain, so begin your journey now! Durable and waterproof Easy-fold format and convenient size Handy slipcase Full colour and easy-to-use Before-you-go info Beautiful imagery Tailored itineraries Can't-miss regional highlights Detailed town index Transport planner Themed lists Covers London, Canterbury, Cambridge, Oxford, Cotswolds, Stratford-Upon-Avon, Stonehenge, Bath, Bristol, Cornwall, York, Lake District, Liverpool, Pembrokeshire, Cardiff, Brecon Beacons, Snowdonia, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Scottish Borders, Skye, Mull, Glen Coe, Northwest Highlands Coast, Scotland's whisky distilleries Check out Lonely Planet Great Britain, our most comprehensive guidebook to the country, covering the top sights and most authentic off-beat experiences. ...
- ASIN: 1786579057
Clingmans Dome, Cataloochee: Great Smoky Mountains National Park (National Geographic Trails Illustrated Map)
Clingmans Dome, Cataloochee: Great Smoky Mountains National Park
• Waterproof • Tear-Resistant • Topographic MapAmerica's most visited national park and a UNESCO World Heritage Site, Great Smoky Mountains National Park is both renowned for its diversity of plant and animal life and rich in remnants of Southern Appalachian mountain culture. National Geographic's Trails Illustrated map of Clingmans Dome and Cataloochee, covers the eastern part of the park, from Sugarlands Visitor Center to the eastern boundary of the park with Pisgah National Forest. Created in partnership with the National Park Service and others, the map combines unparalleled detail and valuable information for outdoor enthusiasts seeking to explore all the area has to offer with particular attention shown to backcountry campsites, shelters, and stream crossings. The map features many key points of interest as well, including Mount Le Conte, Balsam Mountain, Roaring Fork and Newfound Gap.The park map has clearly marked trails with mileages between intersections. The map base includes contour lines and elevations for summits, passes and many lakes. The map also includes lists of backcountry campsites and shelters along with their location, elevation and capacity. A detailed profile of the Appalachian National Scenic Trail, which snakes along the ridge of the Great Smoky M...
- Color: Black
- Brand: National Geographic
- ASIN: 1566955017
- UPC: 749717003170
America's Great Loop Cruise Routes
America's Great Loop Cruise
This poster-sized (23 by 26 inches) map has been changed slightly to show a multi-colored ghost line of the various routes. The East coast leg is green to represent sping; the Northern leg is orange to represent summer in Canada and the Great Lakes areas; the Inland Rivers leg is brown to represent fall. The barcode that was in the lower right hand corner on earlier maps has been moved to the back. If you have one of these earlier editions, the barcode can be covered up with your boat card prior to framing. A smaller version, the America's Great Loop Cruise Mini-Map, is now available for those who don't have room for this larger size. It measures 12 x 14 inches and is identical to the poster sized map in every way except size and price.
- ASIN: 0966914015
Massanutten and Great North Mountains [George Washington National Forest] (National Geographic Trails Illustrated Map)
Massanutten and Great North Mountains [George Washington National
• Waterproof • Tear-Resistant • Topographic MapThe Lee Ranger District is the northernmost portion of the George Washington National Forest. Only a two-hour drive from Washington, D.C., this area includes portions of the Massanutten and Great North Mountain ranges separated by the historic Shenandoah Valley. Expertly researched and created in partnership with local land management agencies, National Geographic's Trails Illustrated map of Massanutten and Great North Mountain provides an unparalleled tool for making the most of your visit to this scenic region. Key areas of interest featured on this map include Lost River State Park; Raymond R. "Andy" Guest Jr. Shenandoah River State Park; Harrisonburg; Luray; Woodstock; and a portion of Shenandoah National Park. Designed with a wide range of visitors in mind, this map features an extensive trail chart showing mileage, difficulty rating, blaze, and suitable trail use; a handy activity guide for George Washington National Forest; parking areas suitable for horse trailers; and important trail information. With miles of mapped trails including Massanutten National Recreation Trail and portions of the Appalachian and Tuscarora trails, this map can guide you off the beaten path and back again in some of the most breathtaking scene...
- Brand: Trails Illustrated
- ASIN: 156695388X
- UPC: 749717017924
Cades Cove, Elkmont: Great Smoky Mountains National Park (National Geographic Trails Illustrated Map)
Cades Cove, Elkmont: Great Smoky Mountains National Park
• Waterproof • Tear-Resistant • Topographic MapAmerica's most visited national park and a UNESCO World Heritage Site, Great Smoky Mountains National Park is both renowned for its diversity of plant and animal life and rich in remnants of Southern Appalachian mountain culture. National Geographic's Trails Illustrated map of Cades Coves and Elkmont, covers the western part of the park, from Sugarlands Visitor Center area in the east to the western boundary of the park with Chilhowee Mountain and Lake. Created in partnership with the National Park Service and others for all kinds of outdoor enthusiasts seeking to explore the area, the map combines unparalleled detail of the region, essential area information and safety tips, including bear safety and valuable contact information. The map features many key points of interest as well, including Fontana Lake and Dam, Little Tennessee and Tuckasegee Rivers Cable Mill Historic Area and Abrams Creek.The park map has clearly marked trails with mileages between intersections. The map base includes contour lines and elevations for summits, passes and many lakes. Listed are stream crossings, as well as backcountry campsites and shelters along with their location, elevation and capacity. The Appalachian National Scenic Trail, Mountains-t...
- Color: Black
- Brand: National Geographic
- ASIN: 1566955009
- UPC: 749717003163
United States, Great Lakes (National Geographic Adventure Map)
United States, Great Lakes (National Geographic Adventure
• Waterproof • Tear-Resistant • Travel MapThere are few nations as vast and spectacularly diverse as the United States of America. From the Atlantic to the Pacific, "America the Beautiful" offers boundless destinations and experiences for travelers seeking outdoor adventures, small town delights, or the excitement of urban culture.The United States Great Lakes Adventure Map will guide you to the five Great Lakes of Superior, Michigan, Huron, Erie, and Ontario. This region of the country has used the Great Lakes as a pathway for exploration, trade and recreation for hundreds of years and these traditions still thrive as witnessed by the cities and towns that border the Great Lakes. The states of Minnesota, Wisconsin, Illinois, Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and New York all benefit from their contact with the largest freshwater lake system on Earth. The map includes the cities of Duluth, Milwaukee, Chicago, Detroit, Toledo, Cleveland, Erie, and Buffalo on the American side with Toronto, Kingston, and Windsor on the Canadian side, and the breathtaking Niagara Falls in between. There is simply no better map for exploring the states bordering the Great Lakes.National Geographic's US Adventure Maps provide the most authoritative and convenient travel maps available to pl...
- Brand: National Geographic Maps
- ASIN: 1566957184
- UPC: 749717931244
STORY MAPS: How to Write a GREAT Screenplay
STORY MAPS: How to Write a GREAT
Learn the secrets to writing a GREAT screenplay from a major Hollywood movie studio Story Analyst who will show you how to BLOW AWAY THE READER! Master the structure and principles used by 95% of commercial movies by studying detailed breakdowns, or "Story Maps," of several recent hit movies in all different genres, including The Hangover, The Dark Knight, The Wrestler, Juno, The Social Network, Black Swan, How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days and Drag Me To Hell. STORY MAPS: How to Write a GREAT Screenplay cites examples from hundreds of hit films, several television series and includes samples from actual produced screenplays to show you HOW TO DO IT. Detailed lessons on format, capturing voice and tone on the script page and developing great characters with powerful dialogue are SHOWN IN ACTION in classic films such as Sunset Boulevard, The Godfather, Gladiator and As Good As It Gets, to name just a few of the hundreds of great movies analyzed in the book. The book also includes EXCLUSIVE insights from major industry professionals with whom the author has interacted with at events in Los Angeles and New York City, including Robert Zemeckis... the screenwriters of Final Destination, Limitless, Armageddon, Antwone Fisher, Speed, Justified and Blade Runner... Louis C.K.... Elijah Wood....
- Brand: Brand: Act Four Screenplays
- ASIN: 098362660X
November 16 - Public Land: Self-Filmed Bow Kill at 8 Yards, Public Land Tactics
Maps of the United Kingdom
Maps of the United
Take a tour of the United Kingdom as you’ve never seen it before in this fully illustrated set of county maps. Travel through England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales and meet the incredible people born there, learn about its proud history, and discover ancient castles, modern feats of engineering and natural highlights while you revel in the nation’s curiosities, from the spectacular, to the quirky, to the downright strange! A fabulous introduction to Shakespeare’s Sceptre Isle, for readers young and old.
- ASIN: 178603025X
West Point Atlas for the Great War: Strategies and Tactics Of The First World War (The West Point Military History Series)
West Point Atlas for the Great War: Strategies
World War I marked the end of the old military order and the beginning of the era of mechanized warfare. This is a thorough examination of the campaigns of the “war to end all wars.” It analyzes the development of military theory and practice from the prewar period of Bismark’s Prussia to the creation of the League of Nations.
- Brand: Brand: West Point Military Series
- ASIN: 0757001599
- UPC: 780597001597
fine, great (complete pmv map)
ITS HERE !!!! it took a lot longer than expected (and for once that wasnt my fault) but it still turned out incredible !! this map turned out even finer and greater than i imagined hahahahahahaha dont ask what song it is please its in the title and intro so 1: revallete - dr2 2: kai - big wind...
Why "Valhalla" Was Such a Great Map (Halo 3)
In this video, we will talk about why the Halo 3 map Valhalla was such a great map. The map Valhalla is remembered as one of the best maps in Halo 3 and maybe all of Halo. SUBSCRIBE TODAY! - http://bit.ly/2CCW0gf Want more views on YouTube? Try TubeBuddy! I use it too! - https://www.tubebuddy.c...
10 Changes That Would Make TRANZIT A Great Map
➤ Help Me Reach 2 Million Subscribers! Subscribe and be Featured On Screen https://www.youtube.com/user/thesmithplays?sub_confirmation=1 Social Media & Other Accounts! ➤ Twitter: https://twitter.com/TheSmithPlays ➤ Second Channel: https://www.youtube.com/Top10z ➤ Instagram: https://www.instagram...